Design + Creative
- interaction design
- user research
- motion graphics
- HTML + CSS
Masters of Information Management and Systems (MIMS)
UC Berkeley School of Information
Class of 2017
- Focusing on UX/UI Design, Data Visualization, and Product Management
- Awarded a merit-based fellowship
B.A. in Cinema-Television Production, Magna Cum Laude
University of Southern California
Class of 2006
- NCAA Track & Field athlete, President of the Climbing Club, Resident Advisor
User Experience Designer
Aug 2015 – Present
- I led a student design and development team that created a financial planning tool to help students better understand and manage their education-related finances.
- Established and co-chair a student advisory group to inform design decisions and provide recommendations to the Student Information Systems (SIS) Project UX team.
Yoric Story Composer
June 2015 – Present
- I designed a web application that supports writers throughout the entire writing process. The app provides a visual interface for outlining and structuring the story, writing tools, and data about story content that streamlines the revision process.
UX Design Intern
June – Aug 2015
- I owned specific portions of a large campus technology project, delivering designs to improve 35,000 students’ understanding of college costs, financial aid, and earnings.
- Using service design principles, I journey mapped the exisiting graduate onboarding experiences and articulated upcoming changes to campus stakeholders.
2013 – 2014
- I led a design and development team for a Speedo USA website re-skin. I conducted a site inventory and sourced customer feedback and analytics to provide marketing strategy and recommendations for improving the customer experience within the limitations of an existing e-commerce provider.
Theatrical Motion Graphics Producer
The Ant Farm
- Although I came in as a producer, I spearheaded user research to replace the company’s project tracking and timecard software. Based on those contextual inquiries, I analyzed workflows across all departments and delivered information architecture recommendations.
Finance Manager (AR/Payroll)
2006 – 2008
- I customized the replacement of a difficult timecard interface, increasing timecard accuracy for our creative folks and reducing payroll processing efforts by 75%. (It also increased happiness at least 600% — I no longer bugged people for their timecards!)
iOS Personal Safety App (Client Project)
Mar – Apr 2015
- I designed an iOS app to enhance personal safety and communication for online daters.
Lead Interaction Designer
AIDS Walk LA (Hackathon Project)
- As part of a 24-hour hackathon, I led a three-person team in designing and prototyping an enterprise application for project scheduling, staff management and budgeting.
Locavore (Student Project)
- Working with a student team of four, designed a mobile app to nudge people to shop more often at farmers markets by connecting shoppers directly to the farmers growing their food.